Thursday, January 7, 2010

2010 and my new blog


Well, I've been talking about doing a blog for quite some time now. I find that the more I talk about things, the less I seem to do them. All talk, no action. This is true for my new found passion of sewing my own clothes, starting a roller derby team, selling my kombucha to drinkers of the delicious fermented tea, making my own herb tinctures and salves, and learning how to cook a wider spectrum of dishes. So 2010 is my year of action. I plan to do all of those things this year. So here goes the first one on the list... writing a blog!

I currently attend the Academy of Cosmetology in Bozeman, MT. This school happens to be beautyschool bootcamp. I am, at the moment, suspended for the entire week because I had too many demerits last month. So I'm taking this opportunity with all of my free time to catch up on life. Tonite I even made myself an elaborate dinner: Spinach Fettuccine with a Mushroom, Sherry, and fresh thyme sauce. This delectable dish was topped with Chaubier Tomme... a soft, pungent, French cheese. And for dessert I indulged in a Lake Champlain Chocolate- Milk Chocolate with Peanuts, Peanut Butter, and Crisp Rice. They claim that their chocolate bar is a 5 star chocolate and I certainly agree. I will definately be buying this treat again.

As for my want to start making more clothes myself... I've gotten really into fun prints. I went through a plaids and paisleys phase a few years ago that is still in action. My new print that I'm fairly obsessed with is damask. I have found the most amazing damask prints... one of them being this righteous antler damask at the top of the page. I have some plans for it... but I'm not telling until it's all done. You know, that whole talking and not acting thing we discussed before. Along with this damask I have also fallen in love with this sweet damask chair that was my mothers... until I begged to have it:)


Other than damask, I am also really fond of seer sucker. Wikipedia says that seer sucker is "A lightweight fabric with a crimped or puckered surface". They say that to create a seer sucker fabric you weave fabrics together that shrink differently... whoever thought of this was a genius. One of my favorite pairs of pants are a green and white striped, nautical looking, wide legged, pair of seer suckers. Pretty much the cutest pants that ever lived. And as far as what to wear them with goes... I've chosen to dress them down with an Ingrid Bergman t-shirt, metallic jewelry, and a recycled pop tab wallet... or dress them up with a Free People coral lace top, Tess Anderson-made coral earrings, and black wedge boots. I'd have to say that both ensembles were equally cute and perfectly my style.

Well, on that note, I think that this concludes my first blog. I hope that your new year is full of fun prints, fashionable hair, and good food to boot!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging, girly! I want to buy some tea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I will bring you some the next time I'm in town! My latest creation is Rose... it's delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. also you need to make these using damask napkins

    http://diymaven.com/2009/02/16/maventv-using-paper-napkins-to-make-decorative-tile-coasters/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my!! yes i do! that is on my list of things to do this week! Thanks for the link:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to see pitures of your outfits! Maybe I can get some ideas.

    ReplyDelete