Sunday, June 27, 2010

It's almost my favorite month!!!!

Oh delicious and glorious SUMMER!!!!! There are about a million things that I love about summer... the smells, the flowers, the birds chirping in the morning when I wake up perfectly chilled from having the window open, the makeup styles, the hair, the clothes, the shoes, the food, the cocktails, the showing skin, the masses of bike riders, the jewelry, the fabric prints, and the energy I receive from the sun... just to mention a few:) I had a bit of a clothing dilemma today. I have, in the past, been a very matchy matchy kind of girl. I have since realized the absolutely insane amount of time that it takes to dress this way. I have spent countless hours matching styles, then matching colors, then trying to match by completely not matching, and eventually going back to what is most comfortable for me... which is being ocd about matching and completely losing vision of my look as a whole. So, lately I've been trying to step out of my little fashion box and it has been so much fun! Today, I decided to go with the sundress look. This dress was given to me for my 26th birthday from my adorable little friend, Sharayah.




It was originally all solid colors but some bleach somehow leapt onto the bottom of the dress. So, i took a squirt bottle full of bleach water and had my way with the dress. Turned out to be a brilliant idea, I believe:) Then I have these shoes that my sister ordered and wasn't fond of. They would have never made the cut originally because the pinks of the dress and the shoes do not match and the polka-dots are so different from the block shaping and block coloring of the dress. But, my theme for the day was light and fun... and I think that in order to have fun with this dress it required a little spark from the shoes. So, here they are in all of their cute and
fairytale glory.



I love these shoes... I think that if a converse and a ballet shoe had a polka-dotted baby that this is what it would look like :) What I love about this outfit choice is the blend of reds, pinks, and patterns. I think that it was out of the box enough for me to feel slightly uncomfortable and perfectly summery. Which, is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment